Royalty Owners

Relationships are important to Pioneer, and we strive to provide our interest owners with a high level of service, communicating with you in a professional, timely and accurate manner.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I contact you?

You are welcome to contact Pioneer using any of the options listed in the Contact Information. The phone numbers are voicemail lines only. We will return calls and respond to emails within 48 hours.

Main Number: (432) 571-5010
Option 1 Revenue checks, payment information
Option 2: Division Orders, Ownership or Change of Ownership, Address Changes, and all other questions

1099 Hot Line: (432) 571-5260
Fax Number: (432) 571-5255

Revenue Owner Inquiry
Owner Relations Inquiry

How do I submit a change of address request?

All address changes must be submitted in writing with a signature. No changes will be accepted over the telephone. You may download the attached form and send it to the mailing address or scan and e-mail to

Do you have direct deposit?

Pioneer offers direct deposit via electronic funds transfer. Please download and print the Direct Deposit Enrollment form. Complete the form and return it to the address, fax number or e-mail address located at the top of the form, along with a voided check or copy/image of a voided check.

How do I change or transfer ownership?

1. Ownership Change:
It is Pioneer’s policy that changes will not be made without a copy of the recorded conveyance, and this includes suspending interest before the transfer is made. Once you have the recorded deed (recorded in all counties where the property is located), please email it to  Your change will be worked in the order in which it is received, and it is our goal to complete these transfers within 30 days of receipt.

2. In the event of the death of the owner:
If the owner’s estate has been probated in Texas:

  • Certified copy of the Death Certificate
  • Application to Admit Will to Probate (recorded in County where the property is located)
  • Order Admitting Will to Probate (recorded in County where the property is located)
  • Letters Testamentary
  • Last Will and Testament (recorded in County where the property is located)
  • Complete list of heirs with addresses, telephone numbers and Tax I.D.’s or SSN’s

*NOTE:  If the probate proceedings were filed outside the state of Texas, they have no jurisdiction over property located in Texas.  To establish title, it will be necessary that authenticated (exemplified) copies of the Will and Order Admitting Will to Probate be recorded in the counties listed above.

If the estate has NOT been probated:

  • Certified copy of the Death Certificate
  • Affidavit of Heirship completed by two disinterested parties (non-heirs), but familiar with the family history (recorded in County where the property is located)
  • Complete list of heirs with addresses, telephone numbers and Tax I.D.’s or SSN’s

How do I add my spouse or other individual to my account?

You cannot just add your spouse or other individual to your account. You can, however, provide us written consent to provide information to that individual on your behalf if you’d like.

To add a name to your account, you will need to provide us with a recorded deed (recorded in all counties where the property is located) conveying your interest to you and the other individual as joint tenants.

How do I transfer my interest into a Trust?

Provide a copy of the Trust Agreement, along with a deed from the individual(s) into the Trust, recorded in the counties where the properties are located. The deed also needs to name a Trustee of the Trust.

What if the Trustee changes?

Please provide a copy of the trust agreement naming the Successor Trustee. This document does not need to be recorded.

Can I receive a valuation on property that I am named Executor?

Pioneer cannot provide a valuation for interests. We can provide a payment history to assist you.

My mortgage company is requiring a letter from Pioneer stating that my royalty payments will continue. Can you provide this?

Pioneer cannot provide any letter of this type, because there are too many variables involved with oil and gas production, such as variable pricing, mechanical issues, force majeure factors such as natural disasters, etc.

When are 1099 documents mailed?

1099 documents are mailed by January 31 of each year. If you need a copy of your 1099, please contact the Revenue department by calling 432-571-5260 or by email at

When are checks mailed?

Pioneer makes revenue distribution settlements by the last workday of each month. The date your revenue is paid depends on when Pioneer receives payment from our purchasers of production. You will receive payment no earlier than 30 days after the month of production and no later than 60 days after the month of production. For newly drilled wells, it usually takes 2-3 months or longer to get title reviewed, division orders mailed and initial production paid.

How do I get a copy of my Revenue Detail and payment history?

Pioneer offers an on-line system that allows you to see your revenue payment detail. Visit EnergyLink, and log in to view and print your information. Contact EnergyLink via phone at 1-888-573-3364 or via email at

Why have I not received my check?

Typically, this is because your account is in a minimum-pay status. Pioneer remits revenue checks once a balance exceeds $100.00. All revenue, regardless of the amount, is disbursed once a year in September. If your amount is above the minimum payment, please allow two weeks before contacting Pioneer if you receive your revenue by check and not direct deposit.

What if my check is lost, stolen or stale-dated?

Pioneer will reissue a lost, stolen or stale-dated check after six weeks from date of check issue. Please download the Request for Check Replacement form and return the completed form, along with the stale-dated check, to the address noted on the form to request a replacement check.

Does Pioneer offer IRS tax withholding?

Pioneer does not offer voluntary tax withholding.

What if I do not receive a check after one month?

Pioneer has a $100.00 minimum payment amount. You will receive a check once your revenue amount reaches $100.00, or once a year in September when all minimum payment amounts are released.

What is a Division Order?

A Division Order is a Pioneer-issued document that describes the property, operator, legal description, owner's remittance address, and owner's decimal interest and interest type in the property. The owner is asked to sign and return the Division Order. Pioneer uses this information to remit proceeds to the owner, if Pioneer has disbursement responsibility.

Why do my monthly payments vary?

Many factors contribute to your payment, including: market conditions, fluctuating commodity prices, regulatory or contractual changes, production volumes, seasonal conditions, and well downtime.